I'm worried about my child's development, but I'm not really sure if what I'm noticing is a concern.
Every child is different and autism and developmental delays look different for every child. During your well child visits, your pediatrician will conduct a standard developmental screening at 9-, 18-, 24-, and 30-months. Some may screen more frequently. If you have questions or concerns between visits, talk with your child's doctor right away.
When to Seek an Assessment
It may be time to talk with your doctor or give us a call if you are noticing:
- difficulty with social engagement
- challenges with communication
- delayed motor development
- difficulty with flexibility in daily routines
- difficulty with emotional regulation
- loss of skills previously acquired
Screening assessments should always be conducted by a trained professional using appropriate developmental screening tools.